3 Classic Fun Games for Kids by Mommy on Mission
Mommy on Mission? 3 Classic Fun Games for Kids
One of the best things about being a parent is playing with the kids. Am I right? Not only does it provide fun for your kid but it also improves the bond between a parent and your child. It also enhances your child's ability to communicate with you more successfully.
However, playtime is being replaced by mobile devices and gadgets resulting in kids being distant to their parents. The typical reason for this is because of the busy schedules of parents, like yourself. Parents often ignore the importance of being present on every special moment of their kids. Special moments not only include their birthdays or graduation but it can also appear during playtime.
Classic Fun Games to Play with Your Kids
To improve daily parenting, it is important to be creative and look for ways on how you can bond with your kids. Here are some of the classic games you can play with your kids that will help them grow developmentally all while having fun:
This is a classic fun game that you can play with one or with a group of kids. It is a game that teaches kids to follow instructions. This game is great for teaching kids the names for their body parts. It is also convenient because you can play it indoors or outdoors.
- You are Simon and whatever you say goes.
- Call out commands. Example: “Simon says touch your nose! – And the kids have to follow them.
- Its keyword is “Simon says” – if you call out a command like “Sit!” without “Simon says,” players can be eliminated.
2. Treasure Hunt
This is a fun game to play, also. Since kids love finding hidden objects – especially if there’s a prize, in the end, you can play this with them.
- Place the clues around the house where they can easily find it.
- Leave as many clues as you can around the house, making a trail to the final clue.
- The treasure hunt can lead to various coins around the house then they can put all of it on a piggy bank to teach them how to save.
- The treasure does not necessarily need to be money; you can give them their favorite candy or treat them outside after playing.
3. The Listening Game
It is a classic go-to game for kids that can bring joy and at the same time educate them. It can also be played outside or indoors.
Rules / Mechanics:
- Take out several miscellaneous items
- Tell the kids to look at all the items then take it away.
- Ask one to hide his or her eyes and listen as you pick up an item and makes sounds with it.
- Next, ask the kid to guess which item made the sound.
BONUS FUN GAME
It is one of the games that can make everyone laugh. It is guaranteed safe and can enhance your kid’s response and reaction time.
- Let them sit on the floor in a circle.
- Turn on some fun music and have them pass the potato (a softball or bean bag) around the circle as fast as they can.
- When the music stops, the player holding the potato leaves the circle.
- Keep going until one player is left and wins the game.
Most Moms struggle to keep their children entertained and disciplined. Moreover, daily parenting can be tiring. Nonetheless, hearing kids laugh and letting them feel that they are loved and taken cared of can take all the tiredness away. Playing with them personally is one of the greatest ways to keep them away from the gadgets that they usually hold on to. Save your kids from the unhealthy effects of using modern technology.
Family is everything. Make memories and cherish it with them. Waste no time and start playing with them while you can. Make it happen with Spec Kid Club. http://speckidclub.com/