The Struggle is Real—What I Wish I Knew the First Time Around.
What my second baby-self wishes my first baby-self knew ...
- Take the picture that you have painted in your head on what having and raising babies will be like .. and then toss it out the window. It's going to be like nothing you'd expect. It's hard, it's trying, it's scary and overwhelming but its beautifully created chaos that is unique to each family.
- Breastfeeding is really freaking hard. Sure it's natural but its not something you naturally know how to do. It takes a lot of patience and then some more patience on top of that.
- There is zero shame in asking for help! As much as you want to try to do everything yourself .. sometimes you can just use an extra set of hands.
- 'Dream feeding' is the key to sleeping at night and should never be underestimated .. EVER.
- You will cry. Happy, sad, and every feeling in-between. You will cry for everything.
- Momming is hard, it's so okay to step away when you need to.
- Never feel ashamed of breastfeeding in public. You can't control when they're hungry .. and you shouldn't have to ( side note on the breastfeeding: dressing in easy access tops are key - and wearing a tank top under your shirt allows for more coverage when its time to nurse)
- When you pack your diaper bag for the day, make sure you add an extra shirt for yourself too. Spit up happens, and so do those blowouts and that part of motherhood is not exactly a badge you want to flaunt.
- None of us know what were doing. We are all winging it. Every single one of us.
I know how hard it is going to be but you'll go through the journey learning new tricks to the trade every single day. Cheers to all mothers out there! For more motherhood concerns you can check out our website and follow us at www.SpecKidClub.com.